On December 18, 2008, The National Association of Manufacturers (NAM) submitted an exhaustively inclusive 15 page document (pdf) in response to the CPSC’s request for comments. It is the position of this site to heartily endorse this plan. Furthermore, NAM is commended for their proactive action in this matter.
Other entities supporting the plan:
- American Apparel & Footwear Association
- Association of American Publishers
- Book Manufacturers Institute, Inc.
- Fashion Jewelry Trade Association
- Juvenile Product Manufacturers Association
- National Association of Manufacturers
- National Association of Printing Ink Manufacturers
- National Retail Federation
- Retail Industry Leaders Association
- Printing Industries of America
- Specialty Graphic Imaging Association
- Toy Industry Association
Feel free to comment if you’re not represented by one of these groups. For the greatest impact, consider printing the plan and mailing it to the address included in the header. Be sure to include your contact information with your statement that you support it.